Monday, September 15, 2008

Saturday Night Live's Human Fish Eating Machine

We don't get the long-running SNL in Australia on public television, but the random clips I've seen have been hilarious. Just came across this one about the Michael Phelps diet – I too have been fascinated his daily caloric intake that is hovering around the 12,000 mark, and which nobody else in the world can get away with unless they are an elite athlete, have got a kick ass metabolism and a low lactic acid count after exercise that helps aid muscle recovery like he does. Anyway, thought you might get a kick out of the following videos. 



Following on from that, I found the following SNL clip posted on FaceBook. Now, I'm not a political animal in the least and have a difficult time wrapping my rather politically naive mind around Australian Federal, State and local elections (just voted in the latter one on Saturday) let alone the US Presidential campaign. However, I used to watch The West Wing assiduously and learned all about filibusters, foreign policy and the importance of New Hampshire from that show. Now life seems to be imitating art – Barack Obama's campaign appears to be mimicking much of the WW's sixth and seventh seasons when Matt Santos's (Jimmy Smits) character begins running for president. However, after reading an article about Sarah Palin in this week's Time magazine where, in her capacity as mayor in her Alaskan hometown, allegedly, "asked the library how she could go about banning books", I am thinking that if I were American and if I were a registered Republican then I'd be calling forth the spirit of the fictional Arnold Vinick (Alan Alda) to come in and take charge. Hell, while we're at it, bring on Tina Fey ... she's the real genius here.


No comments: