The School Magazine manuscripts for 2014 and beyond are now being accepted.
The School Magazine welcomes submissions from writers from within Australia and internationally. You can download a copy of the submission guidelines and read the new Tips for Successful Manuscript Submission. Email submissions are not accepted (other than queries for nonfiction articles). Hardcopy submissions accepted ONLY. For more information go to http://theschoolmagazine.com.au/authors-and-artists/guidelines-for- contributors/writers or further enquiries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Illustrators: The School Magazine plans to open its list for new illustrators in June 2014. However, they are open for 2015 submissions of comic serials. The School Magazine runs at least two cartoon serials or graphic novellas in each issue. It publishes fantasy, humour, folktales, historical drama, sci-fi and a mixture of these genres. Readers love humour and are in the 8-12 year old reading age ranges. Comic serials can be:
- a single page serial in ten parts, OR
- two single page serials of five parts each, OR
- a two-page serial in ten parts.
Interested comic serial creators should submit hard copies only of:
- A written synopsis of the comic serial, including episode breakdowns. (Rough art
- to explain key points can be incorporated.)
- Episode 1 to finished art stage.
- Character sheet with rough or finished art, introducing key characters.
The proposal deadline is 1 AUGUST 2014. Successful creators will need to complete the entire work by an agreed date in December 2014 or January 2015.
For further information, please contact Sue Murray on +61 2 9266 8375. For more information go to the Guidelines for Contributors of Comics Serials.