Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Mermaid Treasures 1

A few years ago I was walking through the streets of Windsor, a historic country town on the banks of the Hawkesbury River in New South Wales, when I spotted something in a store window. I promptly walked inside to investigate and five minutes later I was the lucky owner of two gorgeous hand-painted mermaid tiles, which have since been given pride of place in my dedicated mermaid room – a bedroom with a bamboo bed (handy for siestas) attached to my work studio. All my mermaid collectibles go into there. So here is the first installment and introduction to the pieces in my mermaid collection (sorry about the wonky photography!). The tiles are by a Western Australian artist Sharon Peterkin. They are bright, fun and happy. Love your work Sharon! 

No comments: